Will Grayson, Will Grayson - John Green

I recently finished Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Leuithan, and after having read The Fault in our stars and Looking for Alaska, both of which were brilliant, I must admit, I felt rather let down with this book. The overall story idea was fantastic and creative, as usually happens with John Green books, yet the way in which it was written was what let the book down. The problem was the way that the point of view changed between one Will Grayson's eyes, into the other, without me as a reader being fully aware of this, therefore confusing me, and making it harder to focus on the plot line as I am too busy trying to remember who's point of view the current chapter is from.
However, whilst this was a let down of the book, I feel the language used was wonderful, as the way the characters and their actions and feelings is pure, and natural, completely realistic. Overall I think, that even though many people have enjoyed this book, it is not one of my favourites, and I would probably end up only reading it a few more times before I get tired of the book itself.

Comments

Popular Posts