Book that made me laugh out loud & book that has been on my to-read list the longest - 30 day book challenge

Book that made me laugh out loud & book that has been on my to-read list the longest - Days 26 & 27 of the 30 day book challenge

Bit of a long post title today! I am once again doing a combined post for reasons which will become clear.

I read everywhere I go - when I'm on the bus, in the car, I have a free lesson at college - I'm always reading. I'm usually pretty good at keeping my emotions to myself when I'm reading in public, although there have been a few exceptions - 'The fault in our stars' made me cry on the bus (and get some concerned looks), 'Safe Haven' made me angry and start sighing in frustration when I was on the train; the book that actually made me laugh out loud in public is 'The undomestic goddess' by Sophie Kinsella. I have already done a blogpost on this, I am aware, you can view it here which is why I won't spend too much time on it. The reason it made me laugh so much is because the main character is so scatty and all over the place that at times, you wonder if it's possible for one person to get into such a funny state. Sophie Kinsella is also the author of the 'shopaholic' series and she writes in a way that is identical to Jane Costello. If you're a fan of either of these, I would definitely recommend giving this a read if you want cheering up or are in need of a bit of a giggle. 

The next book is one that has been on my to-read list for the longest. This is another difficult thing to do for me - normally I make my way through my to-read list quite quickly, starting with the oldest ones first. Having said that, the one book I have wanted to read for ages but haven't quite got around to yet is 'Before I die' by Jenny Downham. I bought the book about 3 weeks ago but have still not read it. I am very reluctant to because I have heard from people that it is more of a tear jerker than 'The fault in our stars' - that's a hard thing to comprehend for me! I'm planning now to read the book over the summer so if it saddens me too much, I have plenty of time, food and other books which can help cheer me up!

Have you got a book which makes you show your emotions publicly? What about a book you've wanted to read for years but still haven't? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts