Comfort book & Book read the most times

I'm sorry I didn't do the 30 Day book challenge yesterday guys but I had an exam this morning so obviously revision was more important! To make up for it, I'm doing both yesterday and todays challenge in one post (Oh how exciting).

Comfort book - Day 5
My comfort book is the first in a Harry Potter and the philosophers stone. I can practically hear everyone groaning with despair in their chairs now, but at least let me justify myself. The Harry Potters are my absolute favourite series of all time, along with the Fallen series and the Divergent series.
series, but it's my comfort book because when I read it, I'm reminded of why I love the series so much. The book is the one and only

I read this as my comfort book when I'm ill, sad, lonely, or whenever I'm just not having the greatest of the days. I love it so much because it reminds me why I love Harry Potter and I find it really sweet that the characters are so young and innocent, before they get their character development and turn into the extensively thought out people in the last book.

The book also makes me happy because out of all of them, this is probably the most innocent and the one which is the least dark. The story follows a young Harry Potter and just tells us how he finds out he's a wizard ("Harry, yer a wizard.") and how he makes new friends, goes to Diagon Alley and then Hogwarts. The plot climax is when Voldemort tries to come back through the use of the Defence against the dark arts teacher - Professor Quirrell, but is once again defeated by Harry. How? Through the use of love. Because Harry's mother had such a strong love for her son and actually died for him, he defeated Voldemort by simply burning him to ashes. It sounds dark, but in reality it's quite late compared to some later plots.

This book is something that always manages to cheer me up because it reminds me of how the magic began and became the biggest selling franchise in the world. If you haven't read or seen them, I strongly recommend the books and films as there is a bit of every personality in there, so it's guaranteed there's someone or something you'll be able to relate to.

Book read the most times - Day 6
Following on from Harry Potter, the book I have happened to read the most times is the Harry Potter series. I am going to reveal for the first time ever the grand total of times I've read them. The number? 28. Some may call it sad, pathetic, ridiculous. I don't care, there's an explanation behind that number.

I think the reason I've read the books so many times is because I like to have the world of witches and wizards and magical beasts inside my head. The way it feels to me is that in these books, J.K. Rowling has let her imagination run wild onto paper and it has worked wonderfully.  The characters all have back stories and every tiny little detail has been thought and carried out with such precision. The book was thought out so much that there are things that she has revealed but didn't put in the book but that is now being published on the online website of 'Pottermore'. If that isn't a form of magic on it's own, I don't know what is. I'm not going to spend much more time on this day because I've said a lot in the day above, but if you have a comfort book, or a book you've read countless times, let me know in the comments!






Comments

Popular Posts