Favourite childhood book - 30 day book challenge

Favourite childhood book - Day 20 of the 30 day book challenge

We're nearly done with the 30 day book challenge guys! Thank you for being so patient with me whilst my bog has been all about books for a month! The plan worked though - I have so many great ideas planned for new posts now so I can write about different things as opposed to books now!

As a child, Roald Dahl was always my favourite author. This is the author of best selling books such as 'The BFG', 'Matilda' and 'The twits'. My favourite childhood book however, was always 'Charlie and the chocolate factory'. I think that this is because out of all of the books written by him, and all the books I read as a child, it was the most innocent.

For those who might not know  (although there are 2 film adaptations), the book is about a competition in which a recluse chocolate maker called Willy Wonka has hidden 5 golden tickets inside 5 random bars of chocolate his factory makes. The competition is that whoever gets these tickets can tour his factory for the first time ever and be provided with a lifetime supply of chocolate at the end.

*SPOILERS*

Out of the 5 children, there is one boy called Charlie Bucket who is from a poor family who gets to go. Out of the 5 children, he is the nicest; all the others are spoilt little brats who one by one get 'elimminated' - they have to go home due to circumstances that occur in the factory which means that Charlie is the last boy left. This means that he has won the factory itself. The reason the competition involving the tickets was created was because Mr Wonka needed to find an heir to give the factory to.

I think the reason this was my favourite book as a child is because it is filled with imaginations. There are silly characters - like Mr Wonka, there are songs made you for the fun of it - Like in the 2005 film adaptation - and it has the mind of a child. The book is all about chocolate - a main thing that a child thinks about at the age of 7.

Do you have a favourite childhood book? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts