Reasons to love Autumn!

Autumn...my favourite season and time of the year! I always say that Summer is my favourite because I think of the sunshine (or rain if you live in England!), the free time because there's no college, eat what you want, lots of reading time...But then I realise - in England, it's very rare that we get to see the sunshine, we get given tonnes of college work to do to 'stop us getting bored', I don't eat what I want for fear of not having 'the perfect body' and I spend so much time on my college work, that very little time is left for reading for leisure (even though I do it anyway).

Autumn however, is another kettle of fish! Admittedly yes, I am still at college, but there are so many reasons to enjoy this season the most! This post is pretty much me just being happy that AUTUMN IS FINALLY HERE! The way I see it, winter is the time of warmth...Warm jumpers, scarves, snoods, hats, blankets, films and books whilst cosying up on the sofa, warm drinks, warm fire...the list just goes on and on and on!

When the colder autumn months come in, peoples spirits start to lower...why is beyond me! People are skeptical - they see it as a cold, bleak and overall depressing time of year. I see it as a time for bad things ending - which means new things starting! Even more of a reason to love autumn! Here are my top reasons why Autumn is great, in (hopefully) more of a creative way than my usual of just listing!

Shock horror - an actual photo of the person who bores/amazes you with these wonderful posts! Now you know who I am! Cosy jumpers! (Like the fabulously soft one I am wearing - Primark last year) Warm colours! (Like my deliciously dark lipstick I am wearing - no 107 by Kate from superdrug, and the dark red nail polish you can't see - 'All I need is aniseed' from Topshop - see photo below) and super cosy blankets! (Like the one I am sitting on which you also can't see - Primark - £3.00).














What isn't pictured is the lovely warm accessories that are worn too - scares, hats, snoods, and most importantly...FLUFFY SOCKS! I sound like a child putting that, but I don't care! I like fluffy socks and slippers. They're fluffy, warm and cosy.



Next up, following along the theme of warmth is candles! I only use candles in the last 4 months of the year - September through to December. Mainly for the reason that I don't need them any other time of the year...but also because I'm a bit tight with money and can't afford candles all year round! I personally think it's better to get candles this time of year though, as you can get the super warm and festive ones that smell delicious! Personally my favourites are Cinamon, Spiced apple, the Christmas Tree scent and the Spiced Pumpkin (As seen). I'm not sure how much they are specifically, but it all depends on the size of the candle. I buy mine from Clintons Cards as that's the only place I'm aware of in my town centre that sells Yankee candles currently. I just like the idea that on a nice autumn evening, you can curl up with a good book/film, wrapped in blankets with a hot drink of some kind with a nice scented candle helping with the atmosphere (I'm very specific in my autumn nights). Perfect for Autumn, candles are a must have and a definite favourite for me.

This brings me onto my last reason...The delicious seasonal hot drinks served at Costa and Starbucks! I would love to tell you all what my favourite is...but unfortunately I can't as it is SURLEY IMPOSSIBLE! I understand that this is a borderline winter thing, but they start selling them (normally) to the end of October. October is an autumn month...It works! As you can read from my last post, I am a fan of being comfortable and cosy with a hot drink. I'm not generally a fan of hot chocolate (hear me out!) because I have to be in the mood to drink it. I am more of a savoury taste person as opposed to a sweet person, and as I am sure you are all aware...Hot chocolate is a very sweet drink! I am a fan of the coffee drinks - such as salted caramel coffee and hazelnut coffee...I can't choose a favourite, why am I even trying?! It's especially nice to drink one when I am on my way to college on a very early morning and it wakes me up! If you know me or have read any of my previous posts, you will know coffee is a must for me to keep me going throughout the day! I can't normally survive without at least 1 cup a day!

So they were my reasons as to why I love autumn and the things I can't live without in the upcoming months! I hope you liked the way I changed the way I normally post! As always leave me comments - suggestions, thoughts - agree or disagree with what I've said...just a general chat, I don't care! Until next time...

Bye everyone!
Leyla
xxx



Topshop nail polish photo credit: http://pastelwhimsy.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/my-first-of-many-future-topshop-beauty.html
Yankee candles photo credit: https://www.tumblr.com/search/autumn+scented+candles
Costa coffee cup photo credit: http://themagnificentsomething.com/tag/coffee/

Comments

Popular Posts