Favourite quote from a book - 30 day book challenge

Favourite quote from a book - Day 28 of the 30 day book challenge

Almost there guys! 2 more days to go!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light". This is my favourite quote from one of my favourite series. I am of course, talking about the ever wonderful 'Harry Potter' series. This quote makes me smile because it reminds me that no matter how low I am feeling, how bleak the world looks, if I think hard enough, there is always something which will make me happy. Happiness literally can be found in the darkest of times - you just need to find the happiness within you. (That sounder a lot deeper and more philosophical than I intended...)

This quote is in the third 'Harry Potter' book - 'Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban' and dementors are guarding Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry; all because Sirius Black, a supposedly mass murderer, has escaped from Azkaban, the wizard prison. Dementors are hooded creatures who normally guard the prison and they suck every piece of happiness out of  a person. To repel dementors, a patronus charm is required. This is cast by thinking of the happiest memory that you can remember and you let the memory fill you up so then a patronus creature acts as a shield between you and the dementor.

To allow a memory that happy to fill you up that much, it must be pretty wonderful. Imagine every happy thought being taken out of you so you feel as low and depressed as possible; then finding a happy memory to repel all that sadness. This is just proof as to how this quote fits into reality - "happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light".

Do you have a favourite quote? What book is it from? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts