Summer Favourites

I am so sorry for my lack of posting, but it has been a very hectic time for me! I do have posts ready so my posting will definitely improve!

As we all know, summer is pretty much here. To make sure I fully enjoy my summer break from college, I have some summer favourites that I swear by and will get the best out of. This isn't your generic make - up post - this is just things in general  - books, music, clothes, TV...anything in general. I decided to be simply wonderful and share them with you in the hopes of you having such a brilliant summer as I am planning to have.

Summer favourite....book: 
The Fault in our Stars - John Green
Be prepared - there will be tears. There will be laughter too, but to read the book properly you need to have tissues. I say it's a summer read, but it's more of an inspiring book than an uplifting one.  (I'll post an uplifting one as a back up in a moment). The book (in case you didn't know) follows two young teenagers, one who has terminal cancer, and how they go to Amsterdam and meet their favourite author - we're just told about a few months of their happiness. The way it's told is simply beautiful and it really put my life into perspective. With a bit of something for everyone and an emotional roller coaster, it's no wonder as to why this is one of my summer favourites.

The wish list - Jane Costello
This one is completely different to 'The Fault in our Stars' - whereas TFIOS is a serious but uplifting book, this one is a laugh a minute book with a bit of chick-lit intertwined. The book follows a young girl who makes a kind of bucket list of things she wants to do before she turns 30 (which happens to be in a few months). It's not the kind of things you'e expect though - not like 'see the world', it's more like 'go skydiving'.Full of amusing characters and enough chick-lit that it's perfect for summer - I know I'll definitely be re reading it.

Summer favourite...Music

Kiesza - Hideaway
The way we were - Carrie Hope Fletcher

These songs have a very big contrast between them, but I love them both equally. They're not my favourite songs by a long shot, but when summer gets here, these will be the first songs to be put on my summer playlist.

The first one  - 'Hideaway' by Kiesza is a song I actually hated until a while ago; my friend had it on repeat for about a week which changed my mind I now can't stop listening to it. It has a very catchy tune and is so upbeat - ideal to make you feel good in the warm summer days, or just something nice to listen to with friends.

The next one is an old(ish) song by one of my favourite people. Carrie Fletcher is the sister of the main singer of my favourite band - McFly - she's going to be a good musician/singer/songwriter - she has all the help she needs in the same house. The song she has written is called 'The way we were'. It sounds depressing, but I can guarantee you, it really isn't. It's an ideal song to listen to when you're chilling out in the evening/night and you just want it playing in the background. Carrie sings so softly that she reminds me of a female Ed Sheeran.

Favourite summer...clothing:

1. Genie trousers - I'm not sure if this is really the right name for the item of clothing I'm thinking of, but this is the name that me and my friends have used to distinguish them. They are literally how they sound - picture the genie in 'Aladdin' and the trousers he wears - they are like those but for females. They look nice though. I got them in Primark (Classy) because I have limited money; the patterns in there are fabulous - dark, bright, plain, patterned, busy, simple...you name it, there's a style of them. You can most likely find them in any other shop because they seem to be very popular. They're light - you can wear them in the summer without overheating; they're also so comfortable - like wearing pyjama bottoms all day (except you can wear these out because they aren't pyjamas).

2. Gladiator sandals - These are the shoes I am basically living in at the moment. They are comfortable and sensible. You can walk all day in them and they will still feel as nice as the moment you put them on. I do ancient history and the fact that the shoes that were worn in ancient Rome and Greece are being worn again makes me very happy (the ancient periods were my favourite - I would love to have been alive then).

3. Floral dresses - I love pretty things - floral is something I love, flowers are bright, delicate and everything nice. Just what summer is - nice. Dresses are ideal - a girly item of clothing that can be adjusted - you can wear sandals (gladiator ones maybe), converse, flip flops...anything. They're comfortable too, as well as the fact that you can wear dresses anywhere - the beach, town, out to a restaurant. It's a perfect piece of clothing for every girl to wear anywhere with anything.

I'm going to leave it there now, but hopefully this has given you some ideas as to how you want to spend your summer, or how you're going to make this the best summer you can!

Comments

Popular Posts